Road Construction Project Updates
Spring House Intersection Improvement Project
Please understand that Lower Gwynedd Township, Contractor, and the project team, in accordance with PennDOT and Montgomery County requirements, will make every effort to minimize inconvenience to the community and traveling public while the proposed improvements are constructed. However, we do ask for your patience and understanding when traveling in the project area. Project status updates will be provided on the Lower Gwynedd Township website throughout construction.
November 2023- UPDATE- Utility relocation is still ongoing at the Spring House intersection as the various utilities relocate their lines on the new poles. Once all the lines are relocated, the old poles will be removed, and the roadwork can move forward.
McKean Road Pedestrian Improvement Project:
The pedestrian improvements are complete on McKean Road. The Township continues to conduct a traffic study along McKean Road to gather additional data on what types of improvements can be made to the roadway in the future.
Other Construction Projects:
Land Development Projects Under Construction:
- St. Charles Borromeo Seminary- 1325 Sumneytown Pike (GMU Campus): Project consists of the construction of a new college residence hall with a chapel, new student life center, and a new maintenance building. Parking facilities, access drive, landscaping, lighting and stormwater management improvements will also be installed as part of this project.
- Precision Watches (Rolex Store)-1612 N. Bethlehem Pike: Project consists of the construction of a 2.5-story jewelry store and parking lot.
- Wissahickon School District- 521 Houston Road: Project consists of converting playing fields from grass to turf fields.
- Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School- 1345 Sumneytown Pike: Project consists of an expansion to the existing the school, new walkways/paths, parking lot reconfiguration and associated stormwater management facilities.
- Spring House Innovation Park-727 Norristown Road: Project consists of the construction of an additional parking lot for Building 14 and a 1,942 square-foot electrical substation building. Other improvement includes grading work, installation of a retaining wall, interior sidewalks, landscaping and a subsurface stormwater management facility.